This tomato ice cream sounds quite out of the way but I tell you, I tried it and it tastes so amazing. You can try it out too.
- 450g (1 lb) tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 pinch thyme
- 1 pinch basil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 300g (11 oz) real mayonnaise
- 1 juiced lemon
- 75ml lightly whipped double cream
- salt and pepper
- 1 pinch sugar
- zest of 1 orange
- Combine the tomatoes, bay leaf, thyme, basil and garlic in a sauce pan.
- Cover and simmer over medium heat until soft.
- Sieve and cool.
- Mix the tomatoes with mayonnaise, lemon juice, orange rind, cream and sugar.
- Pour into container and freeze.
- Garnish with watercress.
Enjoy your Ice cream. Bon appetit!