They contain vitamins C and B6, thiamin, calcium, iron , potassium and manganese. They also have in them folate, magnesium, riboflavin, phosphorus, and copper. Dandelion is very healthy and nutritious.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF DANDELION
Dandelions contain a good amount of calcium, which is beneficial for bone strengthening. Also, they are an excellent source of anti oxidants such as vitamin-C. Additionally, these antioxidants help in dealing with bone-related diseases such as osteoporosis.
Further, they contain anti oxidants like vitamin-C and Luteolin. These helps to protect it from ageing. It also helps for the liver to function properly. They allow the proper flow of bile. Again, Dandelions aid in reducing the risk of gastrointestinal diseases
In addition, it aids in stimulating the production of insulin from the pancreas. These leads to the reduction in blood sugar levels. It removes excess sugar from the body through urine due to the fact that it is diuretic. This also helps to decrease renal problems.
Moreover, dandelion sap has alkaline, germicidal, insecticidal and fungicidal properties. These properties are beneficial in treating skin diseases such as those caused by fungal infections. It also helps to deal with itches, ringworm, eczema.
Apple Dandelion Smoothie
- A cup of water
- An apple, cored and sliced
- A fresh medium banana
- A cup of dandelion greens
- 1/2 lemon, peeled and seeds removed
- Put all ingredients in a blender. Blend till completely smooth.
- Serve and enjoy
- One cup water
- 1 cup of chopped dandelion greens
- 1 fresh medium banana
- Half cup of fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup of frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup of fresh pineapple chunks
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- Put all ingredients into a blender. Blend until smooth and mixed
- Serve and enjoy.