What is depression?
Depression is a mood disorder that leads to a constant feeling of sadness and loss of interest.Depression can affect how you think, feel and act. This can also lead to emotional problems and physical problems as well. You feel worthless guilty and tend to point out that you are not worthy of living.
Symptoms of depression
- Feeling hopeless or pessimistic
- Feeling guilty, worthless, helpless, or hopeless
- Not enjoying things you used to enjoy
- Difficulty in concentration, memory, or decision making
- Sleeping too much or too little
- Gaining or losing weight
- Feeling restless or irritable
- Feeling extremely sad and anxious
- Thoughts of suicide or death
- Eating too much or too little
How do I deal with depression?
There is no food which particularly deals with depression. When you are depressed, If you eat too much during this period then you have to take control of your eating. If you eat too little, try to eat your favorite meal. Eat in small portions. Take lots of fluid it aids in relaxation. Also, It has been proved that intake of folic acid and omega 3 fatty acids helps in dealing with depression.
Exercises have been proved to aid in the rewiring of the brain. This helps the brain to focus on positive things. Endorphins are boosted when we exercise and this helps make you feel good. Endorphins helps to generate the feeling of pleasure leading you to feel good.